ICFF AWARD WINNER
DOVE AWARD WINNER
NFL SUPER BOWL CHAMPION
A SONSET FRIDAY ENTERTAINMENT FILM
Six high school student's who are all victims of bullying join an after-school program for bullying victims, lead by a man who recently experienced a tragedy due to an act of bullying. The stories of everyone involved with this after-school bullying program, including the counselor, begin to unfold and intertwine into a brilliant mix of drama, triumph, comedy and inspiration.
SONset Friday Entertainment
I hate you... You ugly.... Stupid idiot... HAHAHA... Go kill yo'self!
Unfortunately these are words that teens hear quite often and actually many of them have it worse these days because the verbal abuse doesn't end when they leave their environment... it continues with them every where they go because of social media, laptops, cell phones, email, text messages, etc...
Bullying is harassment that is not only verbal, but also physical, emotional, and even spiritual. Bullying doesn't only happen in schools or with students, but people are being bullied, at their jobs, at their own homes, and even inside churches.
According to Pacer's National Bullying Prevention Center:
- Over 20% of students report being bullied
- Females have a slightly higher % of being bullied than males
- Students who experience bullying are at increased risk for poor school adjustment, sleep difficulties, anxiety, and depression
- Students who experience bullying are twice as likely as non-bullied peers to experience negative health effects such as headaches and stomachaches
- The percentages of individuals who have experienced cyber bullying at some point in their lifetimes have nearly doubled (18% to 34%) from 2007-2016
- Race-related bullying is significantly associated with negative emotional and physical health effects
- Students who bully others, are bullied, or witness bullying are more likely to report high levels of suicide-related behavior than students who report no involvement in bullying
ALL THIS NEEDS TO STOP... PERIOD!
Bullying is a preventable issue, and our movie, "High School Bully" is being produced with the intent to be a creative and effective tool used to help fight against it.